Friday, April 16, 2010

Grilled Peppers


3 bell peppers, quartered (I used some mini peppers from Costco, cut in half)
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp brown sugar (I would not use this next time...balsamic is sweet enough)
1/2 c crumbled goat cheese (I used feta)
1/2 c loosely packed torn basil leaves
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Toss peppers with some olive oil and grill for about 5 minutes on each side or until tender; arrange , cut sides up, on a serving platter. Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar (optional); drizzle over peppers. Sprinkle with goat cheese (or feta) , basil, salt and pepper.
A great addition to this wonderful bit of yummmm is grilled, sliced yukon gold potatoes. Slice, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, and grill til tender. Oh yeah...beautiful AND good!! Serve with a garlic aoli for your "dipping pleasure".

2 comments:

  1. Again, ANOTHER disappointing picture. I NEED to figure out how to take better pictures!!!! Sorry...try it anyway. Soooo very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, i'm laying here in bed, reading your blog and this recipe almost makes me want to jump up and make this RIGHT now. but...how would i explain to the hub why the whole house smells like peppers?
    oh, my, these are going to be great with my eggs in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete