Fresh, sliced strawberries
6 oz crumbled feta
2 oz room temp cream cheese
lemon juice, 2 tsp
olive oil, 2 tsp
balsamic reduction (make your own or available at Trader Joe's)
rustic Italian baguette, sliced diagonally
Slice baguette. Mix feta, cream cheese, lemon juice and olive oil (lemon juice and olive oil to taste and to make a spreadable mixture). Spread cheese mixture onto baguette; top with sliced strawberries. Drizzle balsamic reduction over the baguettes; top with sliced basil.
Monday, June 24, 2013
Monday, April 8, 2013
- 6 ounces good feta, crumbled
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup good olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots (2 shallots)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 lbs ripe heirloom tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, 1/2 inch diced
- 3 tablespoons julienned fresh basil, plus extra for serving
- 20-25 (1/2 inch thick) diagonal baguette slices, toasted
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- In a food processor place the feta and cream cheese and pulse until cheeses mixed well.
- Add 1/3 cup olive oil, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and blend until smooth.
- Up to an hour before serving, combine shallots, garlic and vinegar in a medium bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Add tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Stir in basil and taste for seasoning.
- Spread each slice of bread with a generous slather of whipped feta.
- With a slotted spoon, place tomatoes on top.
- Plate crostini on platter and scatter pine nuts and extra basil.
(Found this on Pinterest)